The Caffe Mocha is an irresistible combination of espresso, steamed milk, and chocolate syrup. Top it all off with whipped cream, and you have the perfect after dinner coffee drink. It’s like drinking dessert in a cup!
Continue reading to learn how to make a delicious Caffe Mocha at home…
How to make a Caffe Mocha at home:
The Caffe Mocha is easy to make, and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand. You will need espresso, steamed milk, chocolate syrup and whipped cream. The great thing about making it yourself is that you can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste, and lower the calorie count. I actually like this home made version better than the Starbuck’s version.
- Select a large mug and put 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup in the bottom of the mug. I am using one by Ghirardelli, but Hershey’s syrup is fine, too.
- Make your espresso. You will need 1 or 2 shots of espresso per drink, depending on taste.
- Steam and lightly foam 6 ounces of milk. I use organic whole milk because I think it tastes the best, but skim or 2% works fine, too.
- Pour your espresso over the chocolate syrup in your mug. Stir to combine.
- Add your steamed milk to the mug and give it a gentle stir.
- Top it off with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup for garnish.
- Sit back and enjoy your Caffe Mocha, right in the comfort of your own home! You might need a spoon for this one! 🙂